I don’t even remember what day it was, officially. I guess it was hardly official. I decided to incorporate on my own last year in July. In the year since, I’ve been reading, learning, sharing, writing, speaking and consulting. I’ve managed strategies, daily tactics, finances, clients, prospects, and press. I’ve discussed customer experience, social media, rude behavior, being a mom, the challenges of being on my own and the wonders of being part of a huge virtual community. More importantly, here’s what I’ve learned:
YOU, yes you, have been supportive, funny, demanding and awesomely honest with me this year, and I thank you for all of it.
- I feel lucky every day.
- I am better/worse at this than I expected. (This depends on the day!)
- My clients rock. I mean, really, truly rock in a way that I can connect with and support.
- I am not where I want to be, but I am further than I thought.
- This journey is worth the fight. The destination is now.
- Hip hop, jazz, neo-folk and classical music are the necessary fuel for my workday. And show tunes punctuate in all the right places (see title).
- Getting outside once a day is absolutely necessary, even with deadlines.
- When people tell me they don’t understand social media, I feel incredibly blessed to have created rich relationships through it.
- It gets better every day, although some days are better than others.
- A work in progress is a fine description – and one I plan on labeling me forever.
Thank you for sharing this journey with me, and thank you for all the tremendous support. Here’s to Year 2!